Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sketchbook Daily















Whenever I get a new art magazine (Artist's, Drawing, American Artist, are my usual favorites), I start sketching in the margins or in my sketchbook anything that really strikes me. Today, my first foray back into my actual routine, resulted in these images.




















I love the tutorials and explorations, especially in Drawing magazine. There is so much information to glean from the articles, and advertising. The black cherry is actually from a back cover from a few months ago, advertising colored pencils. The tropical cottage, the lace and the little girl, from some colored pencil tutorials.

This sketch, which says, "after Boucher", is actually after another artist of the same era, and was featured, as well as the other figure, in Drawing Magazine's foreshortening article.















No comments: