Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Daddy's Home WIP

This is my first big (as in 16x20) oil portrait. This is my son and all but one of his children. I liked the composition of the original photograph which was very dark and out of focus. The subject has quite a bit of emotional content for me as my son adores his children and after two tours in Iraq and other overseas assignments, he is finally out of the service and enjoying his family.


I am working slowly on this which is once again a learn-as-you-go project. Just blocking in some colors - that blue bloppy stuff in the left corner will be going away.
So, besides making a doll house and all the parts to that little world, I am still engaged in painting, but just not everyday, for now.

1 comment:

Joan said...

This looks like you'll be putting a lot of emotion into it. I can't wait to see the final version!!!